Thursday, October 26, 2017

Orange Bottles

The computer monitors on the desk become blurry.  Words are no longer legible.  The bright white light from the screen is nothing but a blur.  As I shake my head, a hand from the invisible forces grips tighter on my shoulder, tightening all the muscles in my neck and arm.  It hurts to lift my coffee cup up to take another swig and in doing so I gently wince at the pain.  I stand up, stretch, walk around the office, gently bend over and touch my toes.  This is the same routine I've done dozens of times already this morning. 

The hot searing pain is progressing intensely. No, no, please no.  I already missed a day and a half this week of work. Please.  I need to stay.  What can I do?  I grab an ice pack from the freezer and quickly apply it to the SCM.  I rub an essential oil pain mix all over my neck and temples.  The pain is getting worse by the seconds.  My hand is growing heavy.  Lightning bolts of pain stab my chest and halting my once even breaths.  I take deep, long breaths of all the air I can gather up.  Stomach pains swell over me as I think about all the ibuproferen I've taken this week and how much it burns my stomach lining.  Tears are at bay as I think of my only option.  I have to do it.  I have no other choice.  I need money.  I need to get my work done.  I am so far behind I'm already drowning in work.  So many people are already disappointed.  

My purse is hanging on the coat rack above my dog gently snoring on his bed.  I reach in and find a familiar plastic cylinder object.  I pause, gather myself, and slowly pull it from the bag.  The label reads: Tramadol:  Take 1 tablet by mouth every six hours as needed for pain.  I set the bottle on my desk and stare at it.  Guilt, anger, and sadness wash over me but those feelings are quickly drowned out by the waves of pain that are getting stronger.  I open up the bottle, split a pill in half and pop it into my mouth as quickly as I can so maybe I can pretend like it never happened.  But it did.  And it will happen again and again.

Days home from work aren't entertaining.  I normally can't leave the couch or the bedroom.  Doctor appointments aren't a good excuse to get out of anything.  The worst guilt is from trying to explain to people why I can't participate in certain activities.  But this is our biggest battle... Pain killers.  They aren't our only option, they're usually our last as we try to lastly vanquish our symptoms that do not leave us.  Chronic pain sure isn't for the weak.



                 Equanimity,


                              Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, body pain,  dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C,  mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficiency,  diarrhoea, cardiovascular disease,  Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioural disorder,  liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma,  arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, tuberculosis,  alzhemer's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis,  Anxiety Disorders, Back Pain, Crohn's Disease, Chronic renal failure,  acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease,  Addison's disease,   back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia disease, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum,  constipation,  fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia,   (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man.  Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete